Do you like helping people? Do you have experience/education in social services?
Do you know how to prioritize tasks? Do you stay calm under pressure? Are you a good trainer?
The Comprehensive Services Center Front Desk Specialist position at NK Fishline may be for you!
NK Fishline is a food bank, emergency and supportive services agency located in Poulsbo, WA that is ‘Serving the North Kitsap Community by providing food, emergency services and resources to transform lives.’
This position serves as the first point of contact for our Comprehensive Services Center where Fishline and multiple Providers collaborate to assist people demonstrating a need for crisis intervention and/or financial assistance. This position requires a high regard for client confidentiality and respect.
You will work closely with the Client Advocate to triage clients in crisis and will train Front Desk Volunteers in assisting clients with paperwork and appointments.
De-escalation and/or crisis intervention skills are highly desired. Must be personable and professional with healthy boundaries. This is a part time job consisting of 25 hours per week starting at $14.00 per hour. Schedule is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday approximately 9:30am-2:30pm and Wednesdays approximately 1:00pm-6:00pm.
To apply please send in your COVER LETTER explaining why you would be a good fit for the job and an updated RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on August 28, 2017. You may also bring these items to Fishline at 787 Liberty Ln, Poulsbo WA or by mail to P.O. Box 1517, Poulsbo WA 98370 or by fax at 360-779-9516.
NATURE OF WORK: This position works as the first point of contact for our Comprehensive Services Center where Fishline and other Providers collaborate to assist people demonstrating a need for crisis intervention and/or financial assistance. Works with the Client Advocate and Front Desk Volunteers. This work is based on 25 hours per week and requires a high regard for client confidentiality and respect.
- Triages walk-in clients for emergency services/crisis intervention. Assigns people in crisis to the Advocate or Specialized Case Manager for screening.
- Tracks trends and gaps in services and works with the Client Advocate on appropriate client policies.
- Oversees training of all Client Services Assistants (volunteers) on duties including greeting visitors, checking in clients for appointments, appropriate forms and applications, maintaining resource literature and community fliers. Assuring professional standards for these volunteers as they will often be the first point of contact when speaking with donors, community members and other organizations.
- Manages room scheduling for trainings and support groups.
- Supports other staff with project management tasks as time allows.
- Works with Fishline Staff and Providers to understand criteria for assistance and rules of confidentiality including HIPPA requirements.
- Attends all staff training on issues such as de-escalation, HIPPA and trauma informed care.
RELATIONSHIPS: Position reports to the Client Services Manager. Works with the Client Advocate and Front Desk Volunteers to assure appropriate response to visitors at the front desk.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Associate Degree in Social Services or closely related field and one year of experience working with clients in a non-profit or governmental agency. Additional experience may substitute for education on a year for year basis. Knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel, solid computer and phone skills. Ability to maintain client records via hard copy forms and software systems.
DESIRABLE SKILLS: De-escalation and/or crisis intervention skills are highly desired. Detail oriented while able to discern client need and triage those needs. Must be personable and professional with healthy boundaries.