Moving Toward Zero Waste
Efficiency • Safety • Volunteer Experience
The Food Rescue Facility will replace Fishline’s temporary storage trucks with a professional warehouse and volunteer training center to optimize efficiency and inventory management and to allow Fishline to accept all donations.
Fishline’s new Food Rescue Facility responds to critical storage, inventory, and volunteer needs.
- Creating sufficient storage space to allow us to accept all donations and eliminate food waste
- Adding max-efficiency walk-in refrigeration to replace old, high energy consumption stand-up models
- Offering refrigerated storage for meats, dairy, and local garden and farm produce to be stored safely
- Implementing streamlined inventory control and storage system to maximize food life
- Expanding opportunities for community service and group volunteer activities
- Increasing space for volunteer training to promote both volunteer and client safety