How will your donations be used?
95% of your donated dollars will be directly invested in our client programs and services. Here are just a few examples of the power of your gift and how it will help those in need:
- $8 feeds a child for an entire weekend;
- $10 provides several hot meals for our homeless;
- $20 will provide a birthday gift and cake for a low-income child;
- $50 will provide 15 specially-configured food packages for those living unsheltered;
- $100 will keep someone sheltered for a week;
- $100 will provide milk, eggs and vegetables for 150 households for one day.
We strive to create an environment of confidentiality and respect that honors our clients, volunteers, donors and advocates. We do not sell our email or donor lists to any outside entities. North Kitsap Fishline will use your email or physical address to keep you updated on our progress and we will only use your phone number if we need to verify information or occasionally to thank you for your contribution, ask for your opinion or invite you to a special event.
When you make a donation, volunteer, advocate or schedule a food drive, North Kitsap Fishline may ask you for your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number. When you visit our website, North Kitsap Fishline also collects some non-identifying basic information from server logs. This includes total number of visitors, pages viewed, and the services and programs you wish to know more about.
North Kitsap Fishline uses personally identifiable information you provide about yourself:
- to respond to your questions or comments about Fishline services;
- to fulfill requests to volunteer, advocate or conduct a food drive;
- to process your donation, verify your credit card and send you a tax-deductible receipt;
- to process your order for merchandise and verify your credit card;
- confirm a donation or order;
- to thank you;
- to send you additional information about Fishline programs, services and needs that we believe will interest you;
- to protect the security or integrity of the site;
- to protect against a threat of safety or destruction of property; and
- to protect against legal liability.
We list donors who contribute $1,000 or more in our online annual report unless you ask that your gift be anonymous.
If you prefer not to receive any mail or e-mail correspondence from us, please send us your request to be removed from mailing lists with your full name, address, phone number and e-mail address. Send your request to North Kitsap Fishline, P.O. Box 1517, Poulsbo, WA 98370. You may email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (360) 779-4191.
The security measures we take may not prevent all loss, misuse or alteration of information on the site. Fishline Food Bank is not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to such security failures. It is understood that unauthorized third parties may access data and communications, including e-mail, when communicated via the internet. Because Fishline Food Bank’s website includes links to other websites, we cannot ensure the privacy practices of other such sites.
North Kitsap Fishline is a 501c3 organization and all donations made to it are deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Our Tax ID is 91-1244431.
Tax receipts are available for all donations made to Fishline. For in-kind donations, a receipt is given upon which the donor can estimate the value of the donation for later submission to the IRS. For cash/check/credit card donations, a tax receipt letter will be sent that indicates the value of the donation and confirms its applicability to our tax-exempt status.
We will not send receipts if donations are provided without a name or valid address.
Donations to Fishline can be made at one of our four branches, or sent via UPS, FedEx or USPS to us at P.O. Box 1517, Poulsbo, WA 98370. Donations are also accepted at Second Season Thrift Store and Second Season Home Store in downtown Poulsbo.